Vouch Privacy Notice
Last Updated September 16, 2019
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy notice applies to your use of the website and online services (collectively, the “Website”) offered by Vouch, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “Vouch,” we,” “us,” or “our”). We developed this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use, share, and protect information accessible through the Website or generated by your use of or in connection with the Website.
If you have questions about this privacy notice or the ways in which we collect, use, share or protect your information, please reach out through our Contact Us channels below.
I. Information Collection and Use
Personal information is information that identifies someone or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect limited personal information from or about you in connection with the Website, such as your e-mail address, full name, business affiliation, telephone number, and credit, debit or financial account numbers if provided to us for payment purposes (“User Data”). User Data is used to provide you with access to the Website and your account; to contact you regarding your account, policies, coverages, and other products and services obtained through the Website; to contact and provide you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates regarding other products and services that may be of interest to you; to respond to your requests and inquiries; to secure the Website, our networks, and databases, and prevent fraud; to process your payments, assess and administer your policies and coverages, and process claims; to develop new products and services, and improve our existing products and services; to address problems with, and review the usage and operations of, our Website and business; to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, and governmental regulations; and as otherwise described to you at the point of data collection and in this privacy notice.
In addition to information collected from you, we may collect information about you from third parties if we are required to verify information (e.g., for legal or regulatory compliance purposes) or if we need additional information in order to execute transactions or perform services on your behalf. These third parties may include your financial institution and credit reporting agencies. We may also invite you to opt-in to us collecting additional information about you from third parties for other purposes. Any information received from third parties about you is considered User Data and may be used and disclosed by us for any purpose described in this privacy notice.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data
We may also use any information that we collect, including User Data, on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any particular individual) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
II. Disclosure of Information
We do not disclose, share, sell, or otherwise transfer User Data to or with any third parties, except as provided below.
- Vouch Member Representatives. We provide Vouch members and representatives of their companies with access to their account information, including information about products or services purchased or requested, usage, billing information, and customer service records. We use commercially reasonable efforts to validate a Vouch member or a representative of a member’s company prior to providing access to this information.
- Policy Owners. We provide policyholders with access to their respective policy and account information.
- Service Providers | Insurance Companies. We may disclose User Data to third-party service providers and insurance companies, such as insurance carriers, banks, law firms, payment processors, Website developers, and hosting providers, that contract with Vouch or you to develop and execute transactions, provide financing, review policy information, broker or issue policy contracts, perform custodial or administrative functions, detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentations or material nondisclosures in connection with insurance transactions, and perform other functions in connection with your insurance transactions. We give these third-party service providers and insurers only the information they need to perform the specific services we have requested, and we require them to protect and keep confidential your User Data (except as otherwise permitted by law). Although we use reasonable precautions to ensure that service providers protect your User Data, we cannot guarantee that they will protect your User Data to the same extent as Vouch.
- Partners | Promotions. We will share the information we collect from and about you with third parties as necessary to provide you with a product or service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or Vouch.
- Government and Regulatory Authorities; Law Enforcement. We share User Data with law enforcement and other governmental and regulatory authorities as required by law.
- In Response to Valid Administrative or Judicial Orders. We share User Data in response to a facially valid administrative or judicial order, including a search warrant or subpoena.
- Sale, Transfer, or Merger. In the event of a proposed or consummated sale, transfer, merger or consolidation of all or part of the business of Vouch, we may share User Data as reasonably necessary to enable the recipient to make business decisions about the purchase, transfer, merger, or consolidation, provided the recipient agrees not to disclose the information except as permitted by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted or Required by Law. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose or report User Data in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that such disclosure or reporting is required by law (e.g., to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement officials), or as needed to perform credit/authentication checks, to protect the integrity of our Website, to investigate and resolve disputes, to fulfill your requests, or for our legitimate business purposes.
- Your Authorization. We may share your User Data to the extent expressly authorized by you.
In addition, we may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are tailored to the users of the Website and for other legitimate purposes.
III. Use of Website Data | Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may also use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use the Website. These cookies collect information in the aggregate to give us insight into how the Website is being used. We anonymize IP addresses in Google Analytics, and the anonymized data is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your anonymized IP address with any other data held by Google. For an overview of these Google Analytics cookies, please visit this link. You may install a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by going to this link.
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers may allow you to enable a “do not track” option that sends signals to the websites you visit indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking cookies because browsers with the “do not track” option selected may still accept cookies. Right now, there is no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may be adopted in the future. We do not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will modify this privacy notice accordingly. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.com.
IV. Links to Third-Party Websites
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state standards to protect and limit access to User Data. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also restrict access to User Data to our employees and others who we know must use it to provide our products and services. Their use of User Data is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
VI. Reviewing and Updating Your Information
Keeping your policy and account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update the User Data you have submitted to us directly via the Website. You may review or update other policy and account information by reaching out through our Contact Us channels below.
VII. Privacy Notice Changes
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Any changes to this privacy notice will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.
VIII. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or compliments about this privacy notice, please contact us:
Call us: (415) 488-6728
E-mail us: email@example.com
Write to us:
Attn: Legal Department
3739 Balboa St # 1073,
San Francisco, CA 94121
Vouch Privacy Notice