Privacy Notice< Back to current policy
We value your trust and are dedicated to treating your personal information with care and respect. Our website and associated applications found at: https://www.vouch.us, online services, and any products or services (collectively, the “Services”) are designed for the needs of startups and businesses.
This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to your online use of the Services offered by Vouch, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Vouch”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). This Notice explains how we collect, use, and share information about you as an individual (“you”) interacting with Vouch in a business context, how this information is accessible through the Services or generated by your use of the Services, and how we protect that information.
Please note - once you initiate an application for insurance or contact our team, we may be required to retain information about your application or communications with us pursuant to state and federal record retention requirements. We may be required to retain these records even if you withdraw your consent or otherwise request deletion of your personal information or records related to your communications with us.
Please review this Notice carefully to understand our privacy practices and treatment of online information. If you have questions about this Notice or the ways in which we collect, use, share, or protect your personal information, please reach out through our Contact Us channels below.
OTHER PRIVACY NOTICES
CPRA Online Privacy Notice for California Residents
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our Services. We collect commercial information from you and limited personal information that can be used to identify you (collectively, “User Data”).
Account Information: If you create, register, or connect an online account in connection with our Services, we may store your username, password (and password hint information), and other basic account information that you may provide or that may be associated with that account.
Application, Quote, or Claim: In order to process your application for insurance, provide a quote in response to your request, or process an insurance claim, we collect commercial information such as records and/or photographs of commercial property, previous or current claims data, number of employees, state of domicile, and other information necessary that you provide to us directly or we collect from third-parties, such as our business partners, affiliates, and publicly available sources, to provide you with the Services.
Contact and Identifying Information: We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as your full name, corporate email address and telephone number, business affiliation, and other application or quote information.
Processing Payments: If you make a payment to Vouch, we will ask for Payment Information and other information requested for processing your payment.
We use third-party payment processors, currently Stripe or Ascend (“Payment Processors”), to allow you to conveniently pay online and assist in securely processing your payment information. If you pay with a credit card the payment information that you provide through the Services is encrypted and transmitted directly to the Payment Processor. We do not store your Payment Information, do not control, and are not responsible for the Payment Processors or their collection or use of your information. You may find out more about how the Payment Processors store and use your Payment Information by accessing the Payment Processors’ privacy policies.
Job Application: If you apply for a job with us, we may collect information about you, your professional and educational history, and other information that you choose to provide us in connection with your application.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect, use, and share your information for the following purposes:
- to provide the Services requested by and the account owner and perform our contractual obligations;
- to contact you regarding account owner’s, policies, coverages, and other Services;
- to contact and provide you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates regarding other products and services that may be of interest to you or your employer;
- to respond to provide technical support and customer service;
- to secure the Services, our networks, and databases, prevent fraud and protect your and our rights and information;
- to process your payments, assess and administer your policies and coverages, and process claims;
- to develop new products and services, maintain, enhance, and improve our existing products and services;
- to respond to your job application and evaluate your candidacy to join our team;
- to address problems with, and review the usage and operations of, the Services and business;
- to comply with, defend, pursue, and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of data collection or in this Notice; and
We may also combine information collected through the Services with other information about you. We may also ask for your permission, or invite you to opt-in to us collecting additional information about you from third-parties for other purposes. Any personal information about you that we receive from third-parties is also considered User Data and may be used and disclosed by us for any purpose described in this Notice.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data
We may also use any information that we collect, including User Data, to create anonymous or aggregated information – which does not identify any particular individual (collectively, “Anonymous Information”). We may work with service providers to anonymize or aggregate this information, use and share this Anonymous Information for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may disclose User Data to the following third-parties:
- Vouch Clients. We provide Vouch clients and their authorized representatives access to their account information, including information about products or services purchased or requested, usage, billing information, and client service records. We use commercially reasonable efforts to validate that an individual is an authorized representative of a Vouch client prior to providing access to this information.
- Policy Owners. We provide clients who are policyholders and their authorized representatives with access to their respective policy and account information. We use commercially reasonable efforts to validate that an individual is an authorized representative of a Vouch client prior to providing access to this information.
- Affiliates | Service Providers | Business Partners | Insurance Companies. We may disclose User Data to our affiliates, business partners, insurance companies, reinsurers, and third-party “Service Providers” (entities or individuals that perform work on our behalf), including, but not limited to: insurance carriers, reinsurers, third-party administrators, adjustors, banks, law firms, payment processors, website developers, and hosting providers, that contract with Vouch or you to develop and execute transactions, provide financing, review policy information, broker or issue policy contracts, perform custodial or administrative functions, administer insurance claims, detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentations, or material nondisclosures in connection with insurance transactions, and perform other functions in connection with your insurance transactions. We will only give these affiliates, business partners, insurers, and third-party Service Providers the information they reasonably need to perform the specific services we have requested, and we require them to protect and keep confidential your User Data (except as otherwise permitted by law). Although we use reasonable precautions to ensure that Service Providers protect your User Data, we cannot guarantee that every Service Provider will protect your User Data to the same extent as Vouch.
- Business Transfers. In the event of a proposed or consummated sale, transfer, merger, or consolidation of all or part of the business of Vouch, we may share User Data as reasonably necessary to enable the recipient to make business decisions about the purchase, transfer, merger, or consolidation, provided the recipient agrees not to otherwise use or disclose the information except as permitted by law.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose User Data with any other entity disclosed to you at the time we collect your information with your consent or at your direction, for example if you direct us to share your personal information with an insurer or broker.
We may also disclose User Data to additional third-parties, including government authorities, for legal processes or protection of life and safety where we believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary, including:
- To comply with laws, regulations, legal process or to respond to lawful requests.
- To enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for products and services (including disclosure to collection agencies to obtain payment).
- To protect the rights, interests, property, or safety of Vouch, our customers, and others.
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation.
- To protect you or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of these services, and other fraudulent activity.
- In an emergency.
In addition, we may share Anonymous and Aggregated Data with third-parties to help deliver products, services, and content that is tailored to the users of the Services and for other legitimate purposes. We do not sell (or “share,” as defined by California law) your personal information or User Data covered by this Notice.
HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, contractual, and physical safeguards to protect and limit access to User Data.
We retain User Data for business, tax, or legal reasons. We retain User Data for no longer than (a) is necessary for the purpose it was collected, (b) we have a business need to so, or (c) for more than three years after your last interaction with us, except where required to enforce the terms of in this Notice, our Terms and Conditions, or where required to resolve disputes, prevent fraud or abuse, or required by applicable law, regulations, or law enforcement.
Unfortunately, there is no completely secure or error-free method of data transmission over the Internet and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your User Data. Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels, including social media, to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
Cookies And Tracking Technologies
When you visit or interact with our website or use our Services, we and other companies we work with deploy and use tracking technologies (“tracking technologies” include, but are not limited to: cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags, fingerprinting, and technologies that enable User tracking, for example by accessing or storing information on the User’s device) for a variety of reasons, including to collect website data in order to enhance the security of the website, perform analytics concerning your use of the website, and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
We partner with analytic service providers like Google Analytics to help track your use of our products and services. To learn more about your choices regarding how Google collects and processes personal information, visit Google Privacy & Terms.
Do Not Track (“DNT”)
Do Not Track signals are a web browser setting or mechanism used to indicate that you do not want your online activity tracked. Because there is no universal standard of how to apply that setting, we currently do not honor them.
To opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional emails, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link provided in such emails or submit a request through the Contact Us channels below. If you opt-out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about our products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notice of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices.
Our Services are not directed towards children under the age of 18 and do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18, without parental consent. Children under the age of 18 should not provide their personal information to us.
If you believe that we may have collected personal information about a child, please inform us through our Contact Us channels below so that we may take appropriate action.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Vouch maintains profiles and/or pages on various social media sites including Twitter and Instagram. If you choose to “Like” us, “Follow” us, or take any similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent and choosing to share your information with these sites to receive information updates, including solicitations, from Vouch through those website and social platforms, subject to their terms of service and privacy policies. To stop receiving this information from us on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the social media site. For example, on Twitter, you must click “Unfollow” on our profile.
Vouch's products and services are designed to be used by clients located in the United States. We are headquartered in the United States and our data processing occurs mostly in the United States. Services are not intended to subject Vouch or any affiliated entity to the laws or jurisdiction of any city, state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Vouch does not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part thereof, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction.
Individuals who choose to access the Services, do so on their own initiative and at their own risk. If personal data is collected from employees of Vouch business customers, or prospective business customers, it will generally be limited to information collected or generated in a business context.
Regardless of where you are located, by using the Services, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information to and in the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. You are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations when you use our Services.
If you live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you may have the right to lodge a complaint regarding your personal data with an applicable supervisory authority.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right and may change this Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our information practices, technology or legal requirements, and other factors. When changes are made to this Notice they will become immediately effective when published. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page. If you continue interacting with us in a business context or continue to use our products and services after we notify you, we understand that to mean you accept the changes for any new data we collect.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident you can learn more about your rights in the CPRA Online Privacy Notice.
If you have would like to exercise your applicable privacy rights or understand if those rights apply to you or have any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, or compliments about our privacy practices or this Notice, please contact us through the appropriate contact method below:
Call Us: (415) 488-6728
E-mail Us: email@example.com
Write to Us:
Attn: Legal Department
250 Montgomery Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94104
We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.